The standard Two Year A-Level Programme starts in September and runs for two academic years. Students can join at the beginning of their first or second year of A-Level study. It is also possible to join in January of the first year and study our Five-Term A-Level Programme.
Our teachers have helped many students achieve top grades, allowing them to receive offers from prestigious universities. Lessons are taught in small group sizes, which allows classes to be tailored to the individual students’ understanding, and means students are more engaged in their learning. Regular assessments are also key to our subject courses, as this allows the progress of each student to be carefully monitored. Furthermore, many of our teachers are also A Level examiners, which will ensure that students are taught high-yield content and are able to perfect their exam technique.
What Edgbaston College offers:
- Exceptional grades: students consistently achieving outstanding A-Level exam results (50% A*/A in 2020)
- Tailored service: We thoroughly review every student’s previous grades and evaluate their strengths, weaknesses and goals prior to joining. This allows us to design a bespoke learning programme for students to help them achieve their goals. Also, subject combinations can be recommended to students, to suit their university and career aims
- Individual attention: Our average class size is four, with a maximum of seven. This ensures students get the attention they need. Each student also has weekly sessions with their personal tutor to assess their progress
- Specialist university placement: One-to-One expert guidance by our 'Pathway Programme' mentors ensures students are guided along every step of their university application. More than half of our students go on to study at Russell Group universities, including Oxford and Cambridge
- Exam-focused: Often overlooked at other schools and colleges, our intense focus on examination preparation is simple, effective and transformational
- Supportive environment: As a small Sixth Form College, we offer a personal, socially relaxed and supportive environment where every student is encouraged to be ambitious and work towards their goals
Students study three A-Level subjects over two years. The two-year course starts each September and students sit their final A-Level examinations at the end of their two years of study. Students may choose from the whole range of A-Level subjects offered in any combination that suits them.
Each subject is allocated five hours per week. In the second year of A levels this changes to six hours per week. Students will also be required to undertake weekly timed assessments for each subject.
The Five-Term Programme runs from January and through having additional tuition hours, students are able to complete the first half of each A-Level subject by the end of their first two terms of study. This enables five-term A-Level students to complete their final academic year of three terms at a standard pace of tuition and sit final A-Level examinations in June alongside their Two-Year (six-term) A-Level contemporaries.
For more information about our Retake Programme and how to apply, you can call us or fill out the online enquiry form and we will get in touch as soon as possible. Please also feel free to email us at email@example.com