At Edgbaston College in Birmingham, we recognise that sometimes, unforeseen circumstances or inadequate preparation can lead to disappointing A-Level results. To help students overcome these setbacks, we offer an intensive one-year A-Level retake course specifically designed to help students achieve their full potential and secure a place at their preferred university.
We believe that through expert guidance, a well-structured approach, and a nurturing learning environment, students can significantly enhance their previous exam results. In 2022, our A-Level students attained an impressive 84% A*-B grades, with the majority of students progressing to Russell Group Universities. A detailed analysis of our results can be found below.
What Edgbaston College offers:
- Exceptional grade improvement: Edgbaston College is committed to helping students fulfil their ambitions. For example, improving from BBB to A*AA is common at the College.
- Tailored service: We thoroughly review every student's situation prior to joining, designing a bespoke learning programme to help them achieve their career and academic goals.
- Individual attention: Our average class size is seven students per class. This ensures students get the attention they need. Each student has regular one-to-one sessions with their personal tutor and subject teacher(s) to assess their progress.
- Specialist university placement: One-to-one expert guidance by experienced teachers and Pathway Programme mentors. We support students throughout the entire application process and the benefit of this support is evident in our excellent Leaver's Destinations.
- Exam-focused: We place great emphasise on thorough examination preparation, unlike some other Schools and Colleges. Our approach combines targeted revision strategies and practice, concentrating on the essential components of knowledge and skill development required for exam success.
- Supportive environment: As a family-run Sixth Form College, we offer a personal, socially relaxed and supportive environment where every student is encouraged to be ambitious and work towards their goals.
- Extra-curriculars: The College also offers a stimulating extra-curricular programme which includes the Duke of Edinburgh Awards, a range of charity fundraising activities, debating society, football and other sports, a student council, frequent visits to theatres, art galleries and exhibitions.
A retake course runs over a full academic year, allowing sufficient time to make the necessary improvements in both subject knowledge and exam technique to achieve the best grade.
The programme itself is intensive with the academic structure as follows:
- Students may study between one and three subjects
- Full in-depth coverage of the specification;
- Weekly timed assessments, osten based on past papers. Allowing for continued performance monitoring
- Two full sets of mock examinations
Exact subject availability can be seen HERE.
University & Career Placement
At Edgbaston College, we not only help students improve their grades but also provide comprehensive support throughout their university or apprenticeship applications. This ensures excellent end outcomes for our students. Each year, students complete our A-Level resit courses with newfound confidence, enhanced performance, and improved university prospects. Additionally, they gain a deeper understanding of themselves and increased motivation to succeed. Our leavers' destinations can be viewed below.
For more information about One Year A-Level Retakes and how to apply, you can call us or fill out the online enquiry form and we will get in touch as soon as possible. Please also feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0121 306 0182.