At Edgbaston College, we offer an immersive One-Year full-time GCSE programme tailored to provide students with the necessary qualifications to advance to Sixth Form. This course is perfectly suited for international students aged at least 15, seeking a one-year academic experience in the UK, while obtaining globally acknowledged qualifications. The majority of our Pre-Sixth students, upon progressing to Sixth Form, opt to continue their A-Level studies at Edgbaston College.
Students typically sit five GCSEs in this rewarding and challenging one-year programme. The College can support you in also studying other subjects such as a GCSE in your own language, dependent on skills and experience.
What Edgbaston College offers:
- Exceptional grade improvement: Edgbaston College is dedicated to supporting students in achieving their goals and consistently delivers outstanding results.
- Tailored service: We thoroughly review every student's situation prior to joining, designing a bespoke learning programme to help them achieve their career and academic goals.
- Individual attention: Our average class size is five students per class at GCSE. This ensures students get the attention they need. Each student has regular one-to-one sessions with their personal tutor and subject teacher(s) to assess their progress.
- Specialist career advise: We place great emphasis on providing personalised career guidance to our students. Our experienced teachers mentors offer one-to-one support, assisting students in navigating their career options. This tailored guidance encompasses choosing A-Level subjects, applying to universities and courses, as well as exploring potential future careers.
- Exam-focused: We place great emphasise on thorough examination preparation, unlike some other Schools and Colleges. Our approach combines targeted revision strategies and practice, concentrating on the essential components of knowledge and skill development required for exam success.
- Supportive environment: As a family-run School & Sixth Form College, we offer a personal, socially relaxed and supportive environment where every student is encouraged to be ambitious and work towards their goals.
- Extra-curriculars: The College also offers a stimulating extra-curricular programme which includes the Duke of Edinburgh Awards, a range of charity fundraising activities, debating society, football and other sports, a student council, frequent visits to theatres, art galleries and exhibitions.
Our core curriculum consists of the following subjects:
- iGCSE Biology
- iGCSE Chemistry
- iGCSE English Language or ESL (English as a Second Language)
- iGCSE Mathematics
- iGCSE Physics
Students will also be required to complete the following additional components of the GCSE programme:
- Non-examined Physical Education
- Non-examined Art Club
- Non-examined Personal Development (PSHE)
Students will also be required to take part in our exciting Extracurricular Programme.
Students will receive a high level of pastoral support from their Personal Tutor and a well structured and full timetable from 8.45 a.m. – 4.30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Further enrichment activities will be on at 4:30pm.
We offer a variety of activities such as football club, debating societies, chess club, and many cultural visits planned throughout the year. With over 12 different enrichment activities to choose from, there's something for everyone.
The College also arranges a number of events and trips throughout the year. Examples include charity fundraising, frequent visits to theatres, art galleries and exhibitions.
For more information about One-Year GCSE programme and how to apply, you can call us or fill out the online enquiry form and we will get in touch as soon as possible. Please also feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us on 0121 306 0182.