The standard Two-Year A-Level course at Edgbaston College in Birmingham starts in September and runs for two academic years. Students join at the beginning of their first year of A-Level study. Additionally, they have the option to enroll in January of their first year for our 5-Term A-Level Course, or they can transfer into Year 13.
Our teachers have helped many students achieve top grades, allowing them to receive offers to prestigious universities and courses. Lessons are taught in small group sizes, which allows classes to be tailored to the individual students’ understanding, and means students are more engaged in their learning. Regular assessments are also key to our curriculum, allowing the progress of each student to be carefully monitored. Furthermore, many of our teachers are also A-Level examiners, ensuring students learn essential content and master exam techniques.
What Edgbaston College offers:
- Exceptional grades: students consistently achieving outstanding A-Level exam results (84% A*-B in 2022)
- Tailored service: We thoroughly review every student's situation prior to joining, designing a bespoke learning programme to help them achieve their career and academic goals.
- Individual attention: Our average class size is seven students per class. This ensures students get the attention they need. Each student has regular one-to-one sessions with their personal tutor and subject teacher(s) to assess their progress.
- Specialist university placement: One-to-one expert guidance by experienced teachers and Pathway Programme mentors. We support students throughout the entire application process and the benefit of this support is evident in our excellent Leaver's Destinations.
- Exam-focused: We prioritise exam preparation and stand out from other schools and colleges by doing so. Our approach involves weekly assessments, ensuring students develop the necessary skills and knowledge for outstanding exam performance.
- Supportive environment: As a family-run Sixth Form College, we offer a personal, socially relaxed and supportive environment where every student is encouraged to be ambitious and work towards their goals.
- Extra-curriculars: The College also offers a stimulating extra-curricular programme which includes the Duke of Edinburgh Awards, a range of charity fundraising activities, debating society, football and other sports, a student council, frequent visits to theatres, art galleries and exhibitions
Students study three A-Level subjects over two years. The two-year course starts each September and students sit their final A-Level examinations at the end of their two years of study. Students may choose from the whole range of A-Level subjects offered in any combination that suits them.
The programme itself is intensive with the academic structure as follows:
- Students may study between one and four subjects
- Full in-depth coverage of the specification;
- Weekly timed assessments based on past papers; allowing for continued performance monitoring
- Two full sets of mock examinations each academic year
University & Career Placement
The College is committed to its vision of providing education with a purpose. With this goal in mind, we concentrate on career development and consistently achieve outstanding career and university placements for our students. We recognise the uniqueness of each student and understand that their applications require personalised and careful attention. We ensure this by:
- Organize one-on-one career consultations with the Principal as required and regular Personal Tutor meetings
- Help students secure relevant work experience to bolster their university applications and CVs
- Utilise ourPathway Programmes to support students throughout their applications to the most competitive universities and courses (e.g., Oxbridge, Medicine, Dentistry)
Please visit the page below of further information on scholarships.
For more information about our Retake Programme and how to apply, you can call us or fill out the online enquiry form and we will get in touch as soon as possible. Please also feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us on 0121 306 0182.